POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Added trace() to Clutter macro : Re: Added trace() to Clutter macro Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Added trace() to Clutter macro
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 7 Jul 2001 13:21:05
Message: <3b474501$1@news.povray.org>
"JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> ...and here's how it looks with a heightfield.
> 2700 spikes and no probability map this time.

    Ok, this is cool and all, but it looks like your normal orientation is
reading one point only. In a situation like this, it might be nice if it
were able to average the normals in the local area. that way they would all
seem to stick out of the ground at what we perceive as the general tilt of
the ground in that area.

    Just an idea...